Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sadhguru in Seattle March 24

Hello! It's been a long time since my last blog update. Wanted to let seattle friends know about a great event coming up- my guru is giving a talk in Bellevue on March 24. If you have any interest or curiosity about yoga or meditation I would highly recommend! Sadhguru is charismatic, funny and of course incredibly insightful- I assure the evening will be a pleasure. Let me know if you attend! I will post details soon (having difficulty posting the link from this computer).

This morning I'm writing from the airport in Singapore as I am en route to Malaysian Borneo. The last few weeks in southern india have been terrific. Received an ancient mantra from a yogi in a cavernous room in the nilgiri mountains, watched the sunrise over the waters of three seas at the very tip of the indian subcontinent, gorged on tender coconut and fresh fish while drifting on a houseboat through the keralan backwaters, received a blessing from an elephant at hindu temple built in the 11th century, trekked through tea, coconut and cardamom plantations, engaged in a two hour conversation with a renowned ayurvedic doctor, and yesterday observed some colorful holi festivities. I'm taking just a two week leave from India but already missing it! Also looking forward to adventures in Borneo and Laos. So far I can say the singapore airport Tiger airways terminal is fantastic. Free internet, free drinking water and it is very clean. They are even giving out free candy... amazing. Love from the road!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link http://www.ishafoundation.org/eflyers/Seattle_Evening_with_the_Mystic.php

Unknown said...

Monday, huh? I may be able to make this. Just have to check on a few things to make sure I can get there. Might have to skip crew.

Tonight I'm making a keralan feast that will include a selection from the following: fish curry, mambazha kaalan (mango yogurt curry), parotha (that I'll make myself!), lady fingers (okra... not sure how I want to prepare them yet), and kozhy masala or tharavukari. Can't wait to have you back and relive South India in Seattle! I hope you and Tyler are having a great time in Laos!

Unknown said...

I still don't know what day it is in my world, I guess. I totally had it in my head that the talk was tonight (Monday), even though the flyer clearly says "Tuesday" in large letters. It unfortunately conflicts with the dress rehearsals for my concert this coming weekend.