Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sabadee

Luang Prabang is very lovely. Woke up the last two days before dawn to the sound of monks chanting and drums beating. Spent the day yesterday exploring the city's wats and markets. The markets are particularly delightful and interesting: a pile of snails pulsing with life, live owls tied to rocks, pairs of songbirds packaged in a tiny bamboo parcel (for releasing at the wat for good luck), frogs, snakes, crabs and fish - all alive.

I finally have a new camera after my old one developed a fatal lens error on the beach in Chennai. So here are some pictures from our first day in Luang Prabang.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, seriously, I am very jealous. I wish I was reckless enough to drop everything, hop on a plane, and go traveling with you! The pictures are making me drool!

Unknown said...

Sigh... Tyler sounded like he liked Luang Prabang a lot. I wish I had been there with you, but I'm sure you had a wonderful time together. He was sad to part ways with you again. Congratulations on the new camera!!!