Monday, March 30, 2009

Luang Prabang to Bangkok to Amritsar

Life is sure moving quickly. I can't keep up with writing about, blogging and otherwise documenting the amazing experiences of the past few weeks. Laos was so lovely, I wish I had another two weeks or more there. I was quite sad to leave Luang Prabang and of course also Tyler, my magnificent travel buddy. I uploaded a few pictures from laos to albums here http://picasaweb.google.com/lbrandt/Laos02?feat=directlink and here http://picasaweb.google.com/lbrandt/KuangSiWaterfallCookingClass?feat=directlink, and there are more laos pictures to come. The second link is from a visit to kuang si waterfall, a lao BBQ dinner, and then my laos cooking class, which was super interesting and inspirational. I know I need to add captions.. if you look at the cooking class pictures, watch out for the one of some bright orange eggs. Turns out that is what chicken eggs look like before they are laid by the mother chicken and have a chance to develop shells.
After Laos I had a whirlwind 24 hours in bangkok and then on to Delhi and today Amritsar. So far loving Amritsar. It feels like another planet. The energy and vibrancy on the streets here is like nothing I've felt in the past few weeks- actually like nothing I've felt ever. Riding in a bicycle rickshaw from the train station into town, sun shining down, so many people in the streets, packed into vehicles, all shouting, laughing, smiling, waving. So much happy chaos. I'm struck by how unusually friendly and curious everyone is here. Next up - going to visit the Golden Temple for sunset.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you made it Amritsar and that things are going well! Tyler is safely in Seattle again, but I think he'd rather be back in Chiang Mai. Such is life. Enjoy the rest of your adventure!!!