Thursday, April 16, 2009

Florida

Last Wednesday I made the decision to leave India a few weeks earlier than planned to be with my family and help support my grandmother, who had become suddenly and seriously ill. Over the next couple days I traveled from the mountains near Dharamsala back to Delhi, Chennai and eventually on to my grandparents' home in Florida. Within a day of returning, I was struck down by a brutal fever (for the record, not malaria). I turned out to be more of a burden than a help to anyone and I felt terrible. Luckily that has passed and I feel fine now.
Thanks for all the wishes, thoughts and prayers for my grandmother. I am happy to report that she is in good spirits, building up an appetite, and ready to come home from the hospital, hopefully tomorrow.

Sunrise this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Prabhu said...

Laura...when will you come to Seattle?